Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Quick Update

We have now been home for 1 full week. Phil and I are starting to get into a pretty good routine and feeling like we have a handle on this parenting thing. Well, as much of a handle as anyone can have ;)

I can't tell you how happy I am that we prepared for Christmas so early this year. With less than 4 days left, I couldn't imagine trying to shop right now. Our apartment is really close to a mall and traffic has been nuts the few times I've ventured out. Poor Phil still has to get my gifts, but I know he'll find a way. Also, before she left to go home, my mom made buckeyes and fudge for me! I was hoping to make some cookies as well, but we ran out of time. I may make them later or just wait and make some for Valentine's Day. We shall see. I have caught myself day-dreaming about Christmas next year. Taking Jill to see some Christmas lights. Meeting Santa for the first time. Letting her unwrap her own gifts. I just know time will speed up soon and Christmas 2012 will be here before I know it. My only hope is that I treasure every moment I can before Jill becomes a teenager! HAHA

Jill has been a great sleeper lately and I am so thankful for that! I have moments where I'm ready for a nap, but I don't feel sleep deprived. It could also be a result of all those years in college when I was too busy for my own good. I know things can change quickly so I'm enjoying the fact that she's a good sleeper now :)

I think once I'm able to drive again I'll have more to talk about. For now, it's mostly mommy stuff that seems a little repetitive. I will say that I'm feeling really good overall physically! I don't take my pain medication overnight and I try to go more than 5 hours before taking it during the day. One reason for this is so I won't get hooked on it, (though I highly doubt that would happen anyways). The other is because I don't get a refill so once I take them all, it's gone for good. I'm sure just regular Tylenol will suffice anyways. Mostly my back is the sorest part of my body right now. I still have to take an extra 5 minutes to pee since I still have stitches down there. Luckily it's not so bad and I'm not passing many clots anymore either. I'm hoping these are all good signs :) My 6 week appointment is scheduled for late January so I'll be interested to see what Dr. V has to say then.

Weight loss plans are starting to form right now. I don't want to start too fast and hurt myself/burn myself out before I get going. Thankfully Phil is going to be helping me so we should be good. I think I'll start with some light walking and just go from there.

Hope y'all are having a great Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...