Friday, December 9, 2011

I Can't Make This Stuff Up

A few things have happened to me this week, so I thought I'd write them down before my pregnant brain forgot.

1) My mama made it! She flew in on Thursday morning after my doctor's appointment. My dad will be starting his driving trek from Minnesota starting tomorrow and should arrive on Sunday afternoon. It's so great to have my parents be able to make it for Jill's birth. My dad will drive all the way here tomorrow if she decides to come on her due date but...

2) it looks like I'm going to have to be induced. Even after feeling what I thought were more tingles and contractions, I was not dilated any more than last week, (which was 1 cm). That being said, I'm ok with inducing, but I mostly want to make sure everything goes smoothly for both of our sakes. She is still healthy, as am I, so it should be fine. Any thoughts are prayers are still appreciated :)

3) Phil wanted to surprised me with some donuts and an iced latte from Dunkin Donuts. Well, he asked for a chocolate long john for himself. As the girl reaches for a different donut, he reminds her of what he wanted. She replies with "Chocolate long john? I thought you said Vanilla Cream!" Umm.... those don't even sound remotely close, but ok. Then when he asked for a decaf caramel iced latte, she asked him "Do you want that hot or cold?" o.0 How do you like your iced latte? Hot or cold? Yeesh...

4) I got a lovely surprise from my former university. Apparently I had a Perkins loan that was done directly through the school. It started requiring payments back in October. The problem with this? I HAD NO CORRESPONDENCE! I had nothing in the form of email or snail mail alerting me to this loan. So now? I'm 3 months past due and will need to pay $400 to get back on track. Good heavens and Merry Christmas to you too. And this is the second time this school has screwed me over in some way since I transferred schools. That really ticked me off.

5) After the loan incident, Phil and I were in our bedroom trying to relax. There is a neighbor of ours that  hawks a loogie every. single. time. he walks outside and he happens to do it directly under our bedroom window. It's truly disgusting. Anyways, I hear him come out and start hawking away. I stomp to the window and grab the string to pull up the blinds so I can stare at him disapprovingly. *I understand that would not have accomplished anything, but it's what I wanted to do.* The next thing I know, the blinds are on the floor because I broke the top part clean off. Now it's super glued to the supports and I'm not allowed to touch it anymore. I still can't believe I broke them. The best part? I didn't have any pants on when they fell. I'm so glad no one was paying attention to us. That would have been embarrassing...

6) You know what's weird? If I steer clear of spicy foods, I get heartburn. If I eat something spicy, I feel great all day. It's a good thing I like Tabasco sauce.

7) What does a girl do when she knows her due date is the next day but the baby is mostly likely not coming? Why, she bakes cookies for the staff at the hospital of course! I put Jillian's monogram on the cookies because "Thank you" was too long for the cookies. I hope they like them!

Now I'm going to enjoy some more time with my mama before heading to bed. Happy Friday y'all!

3 comments:

  1. Ugh, that sucks about the loan!! :( Not cool at all. I would contest the payment stuff & see if you can get them to back down. Just say you never got any correspondence. I had a similar issue w/ a loan once (though it was through Nelnet as a consolidated loan). Might be worth seeing if you can get out of it? I don't know. Also, gross about your neighbor!! Our westside neighbors are chain smokers (well, a lot of the people around us are, actually) and one of them coughs up a LUNG practically every morning outside, and hacks/etc. It's pretty disgusting.

    Thinking of you & Miss Jill! Oh, and I was curious, is there a reason they're inducing you if you & Jill are both doing fine? Just wondering... :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard reading this! Not because of your troubles but because pretty much all of those things are things I would do...especially the baking the cookies part! Hang in there! Lots of love and prayers are sent your way from Mike and I!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally laughed out loud about you wanting to give your neighbor a dirty look! That's exactly something I would do - AND the blinds breaking would also be something that happened to me. lol..

    I can hardly believe Jilly will be here TODAY!! I'm sure your nurses will love those cookies too!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...