Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking Up

Thank you all so much for the hugs and kind wishes :) The past 2 days have been much easier and it helps that I'm getting a little more sleep as I get used to all the sounds Jill makes. I used to think I needed to check on her for every sound. Now I know what to listen for. Last night was a little rough just because Petey was whining at our door when we finally got Jill settled for the night. Luckily, everything worked out.

Today we had her 2 week appointment with Dr. V. Overall, she is doing well :) She is now 7 lbs 4 oz, 20 3/4" long and everything we've been worried about is all normal. She is on a different formula to help with spit ups since she will spit up despite keeping her elevated for 20 minutes after feeding. In fact, sometimes she'd spit up an hour afterwards and would wake up from a sound sleep to spit up. The worst was when it came out of her nose at 2 am this morning. I was kinda scary for me and Jill definitely did not like it either! Phil was able to calm her down and get her back to sleep. We have had 3 feedings so far today with the new stuff and so far... not a single drop of spit up :)

We do tummy time every other day for now just because I'm not 100% sure when I need to start it. Plus, I don't really know what else to do with her when she's wide awake. Any advice from mommies?

Here is a short, (3 minutes), video I took this afternoon. I had Jill in her rocker and tried to get her many faces. Please excuse the mommy voice :)



2 comments:

  1. Oh cute video! She looks like Phil, I think.

    Do you have the book What to Expect the First Year? It talks about stuff like tummy time. I think the goal is to start early so she gets used to it, but do it in short increments, working up to an hour a day. If she's like E, she'll let you know when she's had enough tummy time.

    In terms of entertaining her - since everything is so new to her, watching you fold laundry or do the dishes is entertainment enough! Double bonus for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pediatrician said start them on tummy time from day one otherwise they will throw fits and not like it later on. Ahhh I have so much to share with you about new mommy hood since I have it all fresh in my mind! I haven't read your blog in a while so I'm catching up right now, but it seems Jill has many of the issue that my Rowan did or does and your post partum feelings are pretty much exactly how I was! I'm going to finish reading and comment on your current post with all my info lol.

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...