Sunday, December 18, 2011

How Things Change

A year ago today, (365 days, 525,600 minutes, etc.), I walked across a stage and finally received my Bachelor's degree. It took me 6 1/2 years, but I finally did it. I was going to be working full time and helping Phil focus on finishing his PhD.

I decided to start the next year off right. I vowed to be under 200 pounds by our anniversary in May. I was going to do a bible study just for me. I started to plan a trip with Phil for the summer. I had so many plans for the year. Then...






Now here I am, a mother. Jill turns one week old tomorrow and I just can't believe it. I'll stare at her when she sleeps in complete awe of her. How is she mine? I get to keep her? How can I love someone so much? All I know is, no matter how different my life is compared to what I thought it would be a year ago, I am so thankful :)

One thing I have learned that they don't warn you about? After your baby is out of you, you still do embarrassing things like fart out of nowhere and drool all over yourself without noticing. Nice right? Luckily, the baby is still worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Aww I love this post!! Amazing how quickly our lives can change :) I can't wait to have that same feeling in just a few months!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...