Monday, December 19, 2011

1 Week

Today my baby turns 1 week old. I would say this week has flown by, but that would be lying. Ever since I got home from the hospital, I've tried to soak up every second I can with Jill. This has caused the days to seem longer than normal. I'm sure the short spurts of sleeping at night may help a little ;) Plus, she has done a few things, such as attempting to lift her head and suck her thumb, that makes her seem like she's older than just 7 days! I'm not sure when I'm supposed to start activities like tummy time. Any advice from other mamas would be welcomed :)

Just for fun, here is a belly picture of me 1 week post-partum!

{I tried to put her near my belly, but she was getting fussy}

And for more fun, here's what 1 week of motherhood for me looks like.
{I want to keep things real here. Yes, those are leaks on my shirt, (and yes, I woke up wondering why I was cold). Yes, my hair has looked like this for a few days. And yes, I still have a smile on my face!}

We did have to take Jill to another doctor's appointment to settle some insurance referral stuff. She had a slightly elevated temperature, but we think it's because she was bundled up so much. She had on a fleece sleeper, a knitted hat, and was being carried in our Moby wrap. The first time the forehead scanner said 100.8, then 99.7, then 99.2. She seems really healthy otherwise so the doctor didn't seem too concerned. Now we are going to check her temperature everyday just to be on the safe side. I think I'm going to start "scheduling" some skin-to-skin time to help her regulate her body temperature. Even if her chest and back feel warm, her hands and feet stay cold. I also don't mind the excuse ;) She does have a little build up in her right eye, but the doctor confirmed that it's just clogged tear ducts. It will go away soon and it's fairly common. Overall, we have a healthy girl!

Funny story about the doctor's visit though. When we were walking to the scale, the nurse asked if she had a clean diaper. We both said "yes" and I started to lift her out of the Moby. As soon as her little tush was out, she let out a humongous fart. We both started laughing and I said "Well, I guess not anymore!" After she was weighed, Phil lifted her up and she farted two more times! We changed her diaper once we got to the room, but she pooped again right before the doctor came to exam her. What a little stinker ;)

Happy Monday y'all!

p.s. Melt my heart...

2 comments:

  1. Aww, you're such a good mommy! I miss you tons, and I'm so happy for the updates! I can't wait to meet Jill and see you all!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures and I'm SO glad you're keeping it real!! haha.. You still look great :) I'm excited for you, new momma! Can't wait for more updates!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...