Saturday, December 10, 2011

Bébé Week 40 Update


Well here we are at my due date and not a single sign that she's coming today. I won't lie and say I'm not a little disappointed, but I know she'll be here soon. At least now I'll have all the belly pictures through week 40, (even though I didn't start from the beginning) :)

Today's date: December 10, 2011

How far along: 40 weeks

Total weight gain: 24 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is nearing the size of a small pumpkin (about 21" long, if she's going to be that long. Otherwise, she's whatever length she'll be born at)  and weighs near 7 1/2 pounds! She's ready for her arrival which means it's time to come on out Jilly!  {per}

Sex: Precious baby girl

Maternity clothes: Just about everything

Sleep: Overall I sleep great. I pop just about every joint as I attempt to change positions at night, but it never hurts. I wake up at least once a night to pee, if not more. I can get back to sleep pretty easily after that though.

Best moment(s) of the week: My mama getting into town and making my awesome cookies for the hospital staff.

Movement: Baby girl has had a few quiet days, but she always gets her kick count within 30 minutes or so, which tells me she's ok :)

Food cravings/aversions: No real aversions or cravings this week. In fact, I had a little less of an appetite than I did before. I had a PB&J sandwich for dinner the other night just to eat something.

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran almost every day and can keep food down. However, I do still have some moments of queasiness regardless of what I do or eat.

Symptoms: Baby bump, peeing constantly, waddling instead of walking, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain/cramps, some heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: I'll feel some Braxton Hicks from time to time, but it's mostly my belly getting hard all over. I feel tinges down there every so often as well. However, none of these hurt so it could just be practice stuff. Considering I didn't dilate or efface any more than my last appointment, I don't think these were true labor signs. 

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: Jill's birth in the next 48 hours!

Weeks 20, 30, and 40...

3 comments:

  1. Happy due date! Hope she's here soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there girl! She'll be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you look great!!!! Lots of luck today!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...