Monday, December 26, 2011

Hiccups and Possible Colic

See this sweet face?

She gets the hiccups... a lot! Just about every other feeding, my poor baby girl is hiccuping for what seems like forever! Our pediatrician gave us a book at her 5 day appointment and it says that, as long as it doesn't bother her, it's not cause for concern. Jill definitely doesn't seem bothered in the slightest by them. I just feel so bad for her!

I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a handle on things. I still get emotional about stuff, but I'm sure part of it is my extra hormones. It seems like I'm slowly acting "normal" for me ;) It does frustrate me that Phil seems to be better at getting Jill to sleep than I am. I know it's nothing personal, but I wish I could do it too.

I do have a few questions for our pediatrician when we go on Thursday. Luckily the practice Dr. V is a part of has triage nurses on call who's sole purpose is to answer non-emergency questions. I can't tell you how thankful I am to have that available to us! Also, now that someone is officially 2 weeks old, she's had a few moments today where I'm wondering if she'll be slightly colic-y. Hopefully that's not the case, but we're prepared in case she is. Plus, we'll still love her just as much :)

1 comment:

  1. Jill is so adorable! I can't wait to meet her!

    E had hiccups all the time too! (She even had them before she was born.) For a while, she'd get them several times a day. They never seemed to bother her, and they have pretty much gone away.

    We gave E some "Gripe Water" (sold at Wal-Mart, among other places), that seemed to help her when she was excessively fussy. We wondered about colic too, but it turned out that she was so fussy because she was allergic (or highly sensitive) to the dairy in my diet.

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...