Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Phil






Here is a post all about my wonderful hubby :) I don't mean to brag, but he's pretty awesome. I tried to come up with some questions that aren't too typical for y'all to get to know him! Also, anything in parentheses are my commentary. Enjoy!

How big is your immediate family? How big is your extended family?
2 parents and 1 younger brother. 2 living grandparents, 2 deceased grandparents, 8 sets of aunts and uncles, and more cousins than I care to count for now.

How many places have you lived?
3 towns, 1 state; Tulsa, Norman, and Oklahoma City.


What's your favorite gift you've given to Courtney? What's the favorite gift you've received from Courtney?
Favorite gift I have given was the aquamarine bracelet I gave her for Christmas two years ago. Aquamarine jewelry is pretty rare, so I knew this would be a perfect gift for her. Favorite gift I have received would be when Courtney named a star after me for our first Christmas. She even took it to the next level by making sure the star was in the Taurus constellation, which is my astrological sign.


Was the University of Tulsa your first choice for college?
Not at first. My junior year, I thought I would go to Oklahoma Christian and major in biblical studies. It wasn't until my senior year that I started thinking about a career in chemical engineering. At that point, I felt TU would be a better fit for me.


If you could go back and do one thing in college that you never did, what would it be?
Sadly, I would probably have gone with a double major I contemplated doing during my freshman year. It would have given me the opportunity to get in a few extra classes that would have better prepared me for grad school.


Did you have a recurring dream/nightmare when you were younger?
Never a specific dream, but a common theme would be falling or drowning. Definitely two ways I don't want to die!


Do you have any scars? If so, what's the story behind them?
There is my appendectomy scar from when I had my surgery in Ukraine (that's right). I also have scars on my knees from a bad fall during my second grade jog-a-thon. Aside from that, it's mostly random little cuts and scratches.


What is your favorite brand of toothpaste?
I know this is going to sound really uppity, but I really like Rembrandt even though it's horribly expensive. I guess I've always seen toothpaste as something I should splurge on.


If you had the choice between a lifetime supply of your favorite coffee or having the natural energy to get through the day for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Why?
Definitely the coffee! Even with the energy, I think I'd miss the taste. Plus, I wouldn't know what to do with myself in the morning if I didn't have my coffee to drink.


What is your dream car?
It used to be a 3000 GT VR4, (I don't know either!), but now that I'm older, I'd actually prefer something practical like a VW Jetta TDI.


What goals do you have for Jill?
I guess I want Jill to be happy in whatever life choices she makes. I want to give her everything I can so that she can be successful. Whether that's academics, athletics, or just life in general. I also hope I can be a good example of a good person and a Godly man.


How do you envision meeting Jill for the first time?
I imagine I'll be pretty shocked at first, and maybe it won't even wear off right away. It'll just be amazing looking at her and thinking "I helped to create this tiny life".


What are your hopes for parenthood? What are your fears?
My hopes would be just being a good example and helping her to understand that there's so much more to life than what everyone thinks of you. My fears are her bringing home guys and me having to explain to them how much trouble they'll be in if they treat her poorly (he may need to buy a shotgun for that!).


Cake or death?
Cake? It's tastier.


Do you have any words that make you cringe?
Not really, but I cringe at sounds. Unwrapping plastic spoons from Sonic drives me insane!


If you had the choice of doing the dishes and taking out the garbage, which would you rather do?
I would rather do the dishes because when I finish, I won't have to walk back inside. Plus I don't mind having prune-y hands.

And that's just the beginnin' folks :)

3 comments:

  1. Great entry :) that pic of Phil as a boyscout reminds me SO MUCH of a pic of Jon I have as a boyscout at around the same age. Our husbands are the best :)

    xo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know aquamarine was so rare. Interesting look at your worse half, grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! And brag all you want about your honey :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...