Sunday, August 14, 2011

My Vocal Recital

I have been putting this off for quite awhile because I was hoping to edit the video somehow since there's several minutes of nothing at the beginning. However, since it has been almost 8 months to the day, I decided to just upload it anyways.

I want to be clear: I am not fishing for compliments and I'm not showing off. I just have some people, like my friend Carrie, who were unable to go to my recital that wanted to see what we taped. It's hard to see some of my facial expressions and such because I didn't want to sing to the camera at the time and I apologize if some parts are hard to hear. I will warn you to be careful about turning up the volume - when I get to the loud/high parts, it'll be loud! I will delete any negative comments about it, just because I don't need that kind of negativity. However, I'm not too worried about your guys :) Since I was a vocal performance major when I first started college, I would have done a senior recital in order to graduate. Even though I changed my major, I still took private lessons because I love to sing. This recital was not a requirement, but I wanted to celebrate the end of my collegiate journey by showcasing what I've worked so hard on for a few years.

If you want to jump to where I come in, it will be at 6:53. Since it is a formal vocal recital, I will sing sets of songs, (sometimes the set is just 1 song), then leave and come back. The first song is the song I sang in church this morning. If you only want to hear one song, go to 24:24. It is the song "Donde lieta" from La Boheme and I'm very proud of it. I do sing 3 songs in German and 1 in Italian. The rest are in English. If you want any of the translations for the songs, let me know and I'll edit the post later. The last song was a surprise and a different style completely. I'm no musical theater performer, so ignore some of my attempts ;) Anyways, I hope you enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. You have such a beautiful voice! Thank you so much for sharing :) I love it! All the songs are gorgeous, but I especially loved the one from La Boheme. You should be proud of that one (all of them, really!) :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...