Saturday, August 27, 2011

Bébé Week 25 Update


Today's date: August 27, 2011

How far along: 25 weeks

Total weight gain: I only gained .5 pounds this week and I feel like I'm always eating. I get full faster, but I get the urge to eat about every 90 minutes. I read a tip that, if I'm not hungry, I should try smoothies so I can get Jill the calories she needs to grow. I'm up for that ;)

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a eggplant - 13 1/2 inches and between 1 1/2 to 2 pounds! She is starting to learn the difference between right side up and upside down. She is also starting to show a preference between her left and right hand! If she were to be born this week, (don't get any ideas baby girl!), she would have a chance of surviving thanks to modern medicine and NICU advances.  {per}

Sex: It's a girl!

Maternity clothes: Almost everything is maternity. I wear non-maternity shirts and shorts when I'm lounging at home though.

Sleep: I'm getting sleepy at the end of the day again. It's nowhere near my fatigue in the 1st trimester, but I have been taking more naps lately. I still have cleaning energy though!

Best moment(s) of the week: Being able to see her kicks and Phil finally seeing them as well! I think she had the hiccups this morning.

Movement: I feel movement every single day and it's wonderful. Some days she a little more quiet, but I always feel something. She has gotten very sneaky about when she does it. It's almost as if she's learned the words "look", "come here" and "feel" because she stops almost immediately. The little booger ;) For my friends that have asked, it doesn't hurt at all. In fact, it feels more like muscle spasm, but you know it's for a cooler reason.

Food cravings/aversions: My aversions haven't changed too much since I've been taking my medicine. I did try tacos again this week and it went over well! That made me happy. I have been craving pecan pie, pumpkin bread, banana and chocolate chip bread, tomatoes, and peanut butter (in small doses). I try not to give in to my cravings too much just so I can keep my weight gain under control. 

Morning sickness: I still take Zofran everyday at lunch just to be safe. I get queasy from time to time, but overall it's much better than before.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing a lot, stretch marks, uterus/lower abdomen feels heavy, baby kicks, lower back pain in the morning, heartburn/acid, gassy, and pretty emotional.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Not a thing :)

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing my mom next month, my doctor's appointment on the 31st (minus the glucose test part), and finding out if my placenta has fixed itself.

Today is also a special day for Phil and I. 7 years ago, I went on my last first date :) Since Phil never officially asked me to be his girlfriend, (he said he didn't do stuff like that), we use our first date as a reference for how long we've been a couple. For fun, we are recreating our first date by going to a Chinese buffet and a movie! Even though our first date was in Tulsa, we can still do the same things :) I can't believe it's been 7 years. If you had told me then that we'd be married in 4 years and then expecting our first child 3 years later, I would have laughed my head off! I really liked Phil, but I had just started college and had no idea how my future would unfold. I am so blessed and thankful that I get to spend the rest of my life with Phil. He has been wonderful as a boyfriend, husband, and now future father. He is my best friend and my prince charming. 

{Our first photo together - Christmas 2004 after my choir concert}


I love you Phil :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...