Monday, August 1, 2011

Bébé Week 21 Update


I did take this picture on Saturday, but after the week I had, I was happy to do nothing in particular this past weekend. Please excuse the tardiness of this post :)

Also, I don't know if I've mentioned this before or not, but both my parents are going on a mission trip tomorrow to Ghana! I know it's a once-in-a-lifetime kind of trip, but I am anxious for them to get home safe. If you could keep them and their group in your thoughts and prayers, I would definitely appreciate it :) They get back on the 13th and my mom is hoping to come for a visit over Labor Day Weekend. I'm pretty calm about it, but like I said, I'll be much happier when they're both home safe and sound.

Today's date: August 1, 2011

How far along: 21 weeks and 2 days

Total weight gain: I'm at a loss of 6ish pounds to date. I'm slowly getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but luckily not too fast!

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a banana! Her digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth) {per}

Sex: It's a girl! My Jillybean

Maternity clothes: Pants are maternity unless they are my gauchos from 5 summers ago. I wear a mix of regular and maternity shirts. No matter what I wear, it's quite obvious I'm with child :)

Sleep: I've been pretty tired, but part of that could be the sinus stuff/allergies I've been fighting. It's not an infection because my mucus is not discolored, but I'm pretty tired of sniffling and sneezing/the headaches. Anyways, I had to sleep with a humidifier to help and it was easier to sleep on my side because I didn't toss and turn as much. However, I would wake up from time to time on my back and my lower back would be sore. 

Best moment(s) of the week: Feeling movement, picking/browsing for clothes and hair bows, and hearing her healthy heartbeat this morning at the doctors :)

Movement: I don't feel her everyday, but I feel her moving more than I have. I don't feel kicks per se, I think she's more of a somersault/rolling baby. I did feel a movement at the movies the other day and it was super cute!

Food cravings/aversions: Same aversions as before. Hot chocolate, black bean & lemon soup, crescent rolls, oatmeal, tomatoes, and anything cold are my biggest cravings at the moment.

Morning sickness: I still take Zofran everyday at lunch just to be safe. I felt nauseous a few times, but it could have been from all my allergy drainage. Otherwise, my appetite is much better than before :)

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing a lot, a few stretch marks (but I don't mind!), lower back pain in the morning, heartburn/acid, gassy, and pretty emotional.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Registering, seeing my mom next month, and finding out if my placenta has fixed itself.

2 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of your parents for sure!! And I'm glad to see an update. I can't wait to see you SO SOON! If you have time, send me an email or FB message and lemme know what your schedule looks like from Wednesday eve though Sat eve :). I'm just curious to know how much I'll get to see you, lol!!! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your parents have a great and safe trip!
    and you look so good, your belly is so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...