Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bébé Week 22 Update


{I did two this week since I feel like I look more "round" :)}

Today's date: August 6, 2011

How far along: 22 weeks

Total weight gain: I'm at a loss of 3ish pounds to date. I'm slowly getting back to my pre-pregnancy weight, but luckily not too fast!

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a papaya! She's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop. (Seems we have a morning bird on our hands!) {per}


Sex: It's a girl! My Jillybean

Maternity clothes: Pants are maternity unless they are my gauchos from 5 summers ago. I wear a mix of regular and maternity shirts. No matter what I wear, it's quite obvious I'm with child :)

Sleep: I'm starting to get the hang of sleeping on my side, but when I wake up on my back, my lower back usually hurts a little.

Best moment(s) of the week: Feeling a real kick on Thursday :) There was no mistaking that one, but of course Miss Sass did it just once and not again. I have a feeling she has my stubbornness HAHA

Movement: I don't feel her everyday, but I feel her moving more than I have. She's more of a somersault/rolling baby.

Food cravings/aversions: Same aversions as before. Hot chocolate, black bean & lemon soup, crescent rolls, oatmeal, tomatoes, and anything cold are my biggest cravings and seem to stay.

Morning sickness: I still take Zofran everyday at lunch just to be safe. I felt nauseous a few times, but it could have been from all my allergy drainage. Otherwise, my appetite is much better than before :)

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing a lot, a few stretch marks (but I don't mind!), lower back pain in the morning, heartburn/acid, gassy, and pretty emotional.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: Registering, seeing my mom next month, and finding out if my placenta has fixed itself.

Something extra: Jill gets to meet her godmother Carrie today! She's visiting from San Diego and I just know Jilly will love her! Plus, I started on this project and ended up finishing it this afternoon. It's a hair bow holder and it's painted in her nursery colors. I will probably reveal a few more projects I'm planning for the nursery before revealing what the theme is. Again, we won't get to do a full nursery until we move out of our current apartment so I don't want to say what it is before we can do it :)



p.s. When we went to Michael's today for the material for the bow holder, I noticed all the Halloween/Fall stuff out and it made me SO happy! And the pumpkin spice potpourri? Heavenly :)

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing your progress pics! :) The bow holder is so cute, i love the colors! Now you have me wanting to go to Michael's for my fall fix! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you! Too cute. I can't believe you're 22 weeks already! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...