Wednesday, August 17, 2011

These Dreams...

{via}

Boy do I wish I was just referencing this song. Unfortunately, I had a horrible night of sleep due to some super creepy dreams.

Have you ever woken up from getting the goosebumps? That's what happened to me... twice. I don't remember the dream I had before my first bathroom run at 1 a.m., nor do I really remember the beginning of my first dream. However, it was horrible none the less.

The dream took a scary turn when a girl I was with and I had to go to our church to make sure it was locked up. I do know this girl in real life, but haven't spoken to her in several years. When we got to the church, it was the inside of the church my dad served in Arkansas. We get inside and a light is on in the hallway. We figure out the janitor must have come because the light is on near the janitor's closet, a stain on the carpet shows that it's wet, and a mop is leaning against an open door. My partner tries to work the water fountain as I stare down the long, dark hallway. My eyes start to play tricks on me and I think I notice little black cats crossing the hallway. I offer to buy her a drink in a vending machine in the fellowship hall next door. We walk into the large, empty room, (empty besides this random vending machine), and I take out 3 $1 bills. I put one in and the machine doesn't like it. As I attempt to put it in again, we hear the organ in the sanctuary start playing. My partner asks if the janitor is practicing for Sunday and I explain the janitor doesn't know how to play the organ. The music stops as we enter the sanctuary. We get about halfway down the aisle before I turn around towards my partner and suggest that we go back. At that precise moment, the organ starts to build a chord. Then it lets out this really creepy minor chord that includes the sound of a full choir singing notes within the chord. I start to slowly turn around and get goosebumps. The worse the goosebumps get, the more I can feel them in real life. It gets to the point where I wake up wide-eyed, covered in goosebumps. I look at the clock at it's 4 a.m. I shake Phil awake enough to request a cuddle. He puts his arm around me, kisses my forehead and falls back asleep. I figured he'd forget if I told him about the dream, so I wait. It takes me a while, but I finally follow suit and go back to sleep.

My next dream started with Phil and I in a water park with a little boy named Fisher. It's clear in my dream that we are just watching him while his parents are off somewhere and that the parents are friends of ours. It starts off harmless enough, but then I decide to tell Phil about my previous dream in this new one. We start climbing through this haunted house attraction at the water park, (I can only assume they had a slide at the top), as I tell him the whole story. We get to a spot near the top and I get to the part about the organ playing. Phil points out there's an organ in the room, clearly beyond repair and full of cobwebs. I ask if we can move back down as I finish my story and he agrees. As we start moving down, I continue. I get to the end where we are in the sanctuary and Phil stops in a specific room to look out the window. There is a rocking chair in between the door we entered in and the door to get out. Fisher moves to the other side of the chair and even though I notice a weird cloth in the chair, I ignore it for the sake of the story. When I get to the end, Phil agrees that the dream was creepy, but neither he nor Fisher turn to face me. At that moment, the cloth turned into a lady skeleton ghost with a robe on, holding what I assume to be a wrapped up baby. She looks straight at me and I run down a few rooms - calling out to Phil and Fisher to follow. As I'm running, I can hear the skeleton talking. In hindsight, I don't remember the exact words she used, but it was something along the lines of "It's not worth it to be fishers of men. You cannot take it with you when you're gone." At this point, I stopped running and put my back against the wall of another room. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see the hooded skeleton coming around the corner right at me saying "I should know..." That's when I opened my eyes to wake myself up, covered again in goosebumps. I look at the clock at see that it is 5 a.m. I am now exhausted by these ridiculous dreams. As I turn towards Phil in our bed for another cuddle request, I see a flash and hear thunder. I'm pretty sure I said "You have GOT to be kidding me" out loud. Luckily, I somehow fell asleep, but I've been cranky/it's been a rough morning for me.

The funny thing is? I love scary things. I love Halloween. I love ghost hunting and things like that. I will admit that I would probably need a fresh pair of pants if I ever saw a ghost in real life, but the thrill would be worth it to me. So why all the scary dreams? I'm sure it has something to do with all my extract hormones, but still...

This is the first time I've ever been so scared because of a dream that I woke up to goosebumps all over my body. It was really weird to feel them coming on in my half awake/half dreaming state. I sincerely hope none of you ever have to experience that for sure!

If you read all of that, thank you! HAHA I know it was long and it may even seem a bit weird and pointless. However, I really wanted to remember this because it really creeped me out.

1 comment:

  1. Both those dreams sound pretty creepy to me! I think dreams are so interesting though. I wonder what those meant... Dream interpretation is such a neat thing! Though I'm not sure it's always accurate. Anyway... Hope that doesn't happen again!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...