Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Lessons

{found here, but could be from here as well}
So ready for this...

I don't know about you, but I feel like I end up learning things the hard way. Sometimes it's just a goofy situation, while other times it's disheartening. Aside from not having to work, I really look forward to the weekends because it's one week closer to Jill's arrival :) However, I feel like I can only relax and enjoy the weekend if I let some of the things that happened to me during the week go. So I'm typing them out and letting it go.

This week, I learned the hard way:

  • that even if you take a shower the night before, if you don't allow time in the morning to fix your hair, your hair will be a big ball of frizzy, wavy hot messiness.
  • that even a ponytail will not help with said ball of hot mess known as your hair.
  • that some mornings you have to choose between fixing your hair and putting on makeup. If you choose your hair, at least put on some mascara. If someone comes by your office to visit your boss, you don't want to look like a ghost.
  • that even if you drive home takes 8 minutes at most, you will still run into at least 2 jerks that not only tailgate you, but they live in your apartment complex and you will want to hunt them down, (but don't for legal reasons).
  • that people are rude enough to let their dog poop on the sidewalk you use every time you leave your apartment.
  • that even when you go by two mornings in a row to your complex office to ask them to please pick it up, even the apartment people will not do this. In fact, they may just brush it into the grassy area.
  • that no matter how much I want to clean thanks to my nesting kick, I still need to take it easy. When my back starts to ache, I need to sit down and relax
  • that even the days that he makes me mad, my husband is still my biggest fan, my constant support, and my best friend :)

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...