Friday, August 5, 2011

My Strange Sense of Humor

{via}

I've had another somewhat challenging week at work. It's interesting because it can be quiet about 80% of the time, but when it's not? It's messy. I mean, really really messy. Who knew that the plumbing fixture business was so full of drama...

Anyways, so to make light of what's gone on with me, I've made sure to laugh really hard at 1 thing every day. However, I have a feeling some of the things I find hilarious probably seem ridiculous to most people. In hopes that you find at least one of these things funny, I will share a small insight about my strange sense of humor.

*****
There is a commercial that runs at least twice every commercial break during my lunch hour while I watch "Who Wants to be a Millionaire". It's for a local college. There is one particular commercial that is really hard for me to keep a straight face for. First of all, the college is called Brown Mackie. Not too bad, until you read the webpage address at the bottom of the screen: mybrownmackie2.com. It is not only funny for the "my brown mackie" part, but then it adds the number 2! The cherry on top of this pretty little sundae? The guy in the interview is wearing brown scrubs. Brown! I can't make this stuff up people!

*****
This is more awkward funny than anything. I take at least 2 snacks at work for before lunch, then 2 for after. Usually it's a string cheese, an apple, a banana, and some pretzels. Today, I was ready to eat my banana as an afternoon snack. I was in the office alone and began to peel. Once I finished and tossed the peel in my trash can, the phone rang. I answered and helped the customer while still holding my banana at eye level at an angle. As soon as I hung up the phone, my male boss walks in and tells me he forgot something but is leaving again for the day. He had a weird look on his face, but I assumed it was because of something going on with him. When he left the room, I realized I was still holding my banana up high in an awkward way. Whoops!

*****
An area where work and pregnancy symptoms seem to overlap is my gassiness. I have been really gassy all week and I'm pretty thankful I'm usually alone at the time for a few reasons, 1) It can get pretty smelly. I'm sure if my boss needed something from the file cabinet, which is directly behind my chair, he would probably run for the hills instead, and 2) It can get loud! The other day, I let one out gently and it sounded like a long fog-horn. I couldn't help but laugh at myself. I usually can burp like that, but never from the other end ;)

*****
Phil and I will tape "Doug" episodes that air at 1 a.m. and watch them later in the day. We recently watched an episode where he becomes Quail Man. The following conversation happened:
Doug: I may not be big, but I am small and I'm about to unleash the powers of the quail!
Phil: What on earth could that be?
Me: Hiding in bushes? (Doug/Quail Man jumps in one of three bushes on the screen)

Technically I was right, but not what Quail Man was going for.

*****
If you have never seen the first Harry Potter movie, you should at least rent it for the first flying lesson scene. First of all, it's my favorite because Ron gets smacked in the face with his broom. Secondly, if you listen to the professor and just have your mind in the dirtiest gutter you can, it makes the scene unbearably funny! I had tears pouring down my face because I couldn't stop laughing. I promise I'm not usually like that, but something happened the last time I watched and I couldn't get it to stop. Now? I'm kind of glad it did because I enjoyed laughing so hard!

*****
I'm sure most of us have watched "America's Funniest Videos" at some point. Can I tell you the things that make me laugh the hardest? The slapstick. You know, the videos where people get smacked in the face then fall off their bike, or just fall down period. Sure, all the others are funny and/or cute, but those? Those are my favorite :)

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, because I find a lot of the things you find funny funny as well. I have a story about bananas that I will tell you tomorrow. I can't wait to see you!! love ya :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...