Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mid-Week Rundown

This week has been a little off-kilter for me.

- My week started with a surprise Monday morning. My boss is going to be doing some personal business for the next 3 months so I will be working alone in the office about 90% of the time. And my other boss is still on maternity leave officially. She's come in for about 2 hours here and there to get the baby used to the office environment. However, most of the time she's still not here. So until she's back full time, I'm manning the ship. It's kinda scary, but I know I can do it. I just get overwhelmed a little faster than normal.

- I don't know why Target decided to change their website, but I don't like it. First of all, it's harder to read light typing on a dark background and they have white on a red background as their banner. Secondly, the graphics and such are kinda cheesy and weird - especially on the baby registry. And that's not all, my account is suddenly gone. I created an account years ago when Phil and I registered for our wedding. It was under my old email with my maiden name. After we were married, I changed the email to my new email address. Since then, I've made multiple purchases, made a wish list and now our baby registry is there as well. I can't sign in with my current email address and it never sends me a password reminder like it says it is. For the past 36 hours, it has been frustrating me. So this morning, I tried using my old email address. Lo and behold it worked! Then I noticed it didn't have my latest purchase listed in my account. Then I tried to manage our baby registry and it didn't have that listed either!! I looked it up and our registry is up and running, but I have no access to it!! So I finally broke down and emailed Target's registry help center. Hopefully they can help me with this. I just want to know why. Why would you change the site anyways? Why would revamping a site mess up my account like this? I just want my old site back, my account to work, and for Target to still be my favorite. I love Target and all, but this could be a deal breaker. If this doesn't get resolved, I'll have to just transfer all our registry to Babies R Us. I don't want to, but it may be necessary.

- I have a confession to make: because of how I grew up, I don't like asking for gifts. It makes me feel selfish and it's always a struggle for me to list out all the things I want for birthdays, Christmas, etc. That's why I love online lists. It's the things I like that I can buy myself when we have money, (HAHAHA like that ever really happens), yet people can view the lists and see what I would like. Now I understand that the baby registry is for Jill. These are things she needs and things we have to have to keep her safe, fed, and happy. I really do get that. However, I just feel guilty. Our most expensive item is her crib and it's only $200. That killed me. I just wish I can put this in perspective and not feel greedy/grubby about it. I want Jill to have everything she needs as well as a few things she wants without being spoiled.

- I'm having dinner with a girl tomorrow that I've known for about 2 years. We're not particularly close, but she's going through some stuff that I have a little experience dealing with. I just hope whatever I say will be helpful and comforting :)

- Phil was up for an upgrade with his cell phone and ended up getting the phone he's been wanting for a year now. The best part? Since it's a generation behind, it was $0.01. That's right, a single penny! And, thanks to Amazon Prime, he got free shipping. He has had it for about 24 hours now and just loves it. I just hope he remembers his wife and child need attention too! HAHA

- My mom gets to visit in just over 2 weeks!! I'm really sad my dad can't come, but I'm happy to see her for sure!

- Even though I have been happy ever since I took over the family finances, I find that it's been stressing me out. I want to crunch the numbers about 30 times every day just to make sure it's all going to work out. Plus, with all these extra expenses that keep coming up, (tag renewal, birthing classes, vision insurance, etc), we don't have much extra money. We have birthdays and anniversaries and a baby coming and I want to get nice things for. Don't even get me started on Christmas! Plus, with me wanting to stop working in mid-November to get ready for Miss Jill, I just don't know how we'll pull it off. Phil will have to get a job before or shortly after Jill is here in order for us to pay bills/get her health insurance. It's all I can think about. Will someone hug me and tell me it's ok?!

- I have been waking up starving lately. I think that's what I'm most nervous about for my glucose test next Wednesday: the fasting part. I can't even drink that much water either. Hopefully I'll make it through :)

- I can feel Jill most days and it's probably the coolest thing ever! Sometimes she's towards the back and I don't get to see her move. Other times, I can watch as she kicks or pushes on my belly. It's so strange to think of a human being in there, but I'm just in awe of her and the miracle God has blessed me with!

- My friend just started nursing school and came over to take my vital signs at work yesterday. For fun, she took her stethoscope to see if she could hear Jill's heartbeat. It took a second to find her, but she said she could faintly hear it! My blood pressure was a little high, (128/88), but I'm not too concerned. I had a rough morning at work so I'll blame it on that.

I hope y'all are having a good week :)

3 comments:

  1. Ever since Jarrod got his iPhone, he's glued to it! I never thought I'd be yelling at HIM to get off his phone! :)

    I miss feeling baby kicks! So fun! :)

    Good luck with the glucose test. It really wasn't so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That BP isn't very high, really! Trust me, as someone who has pretty severe white coat, I've had way higher at doc offices. When I do it at home it's super low, though ;). Oh, anxiety... Haha.

    Hope Target figures out their BS soon! That sucks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG yes the Target site is FRUSTRATING! I hope they figure it out soon. I guess it does take a while to fix all the kinks.

    You're not alone on finances! We're in the same boat with just my income and my fiance in school full time. With baby on the way, it REALLY has me on edge. You always find a way though! :)

    Good luck on the glucose test! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...