Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Funny Girl

I just want to remember this story. I know I've been posting a lot lately, (making up for lost time eh?), but this will hopefully make y'all smile :)

The last 2 days, Jillian has not been the napping rockstar she once was. After taking a week or so to adjust to her room, Jillian was finally sleeping over 90 minutes for her two naps. Well, now she will sleep between 40 and 60 minutes, then she will wake up crying hysterically. If I attempt to calm her, she just starts crying again as soon as I take a step back from her crib.

Today was no exception. After about 45 minutes, she started crying. I went to soothe her, and she seemed to fall back asleep. As I slowly backed away from the crib, she turned her head sharply in my direction with her eyes wide open. She started to immediately cry with force. I mean, her pacifier flew out of her mouth and her eyes just scrunched up with huge crocodile tears. Feeling like I should just let her cry a bit to wear herself out, I went ahead and left. After 10 grueling minutes, I decided she was clearly not going to fall back asleep. I opened the door to find...

Jillian had not only rolled on her belly and freed her right hand from her swaddle, she used that free hand to grab the monitor in her crib and was crying directly into the monitor speaker! HAHA She turned to look at me with quite a look on her face. It was as if she was still very upset, but proud of herself for figuring out how to get my attention ;) My family and I joked that she must have been thinking:

"Hello?! Is anyone out there?"
"Can you hear me?!"
"I'm crying in here!"
"Send help! I need someone to come get me!"

I honestly wish I had taken a photo, but that mental picture will be a prized possession of mine for years to come :)

1 comment:

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...