Friday, August 10, 2012

Our First Home: Moving {Part 2}

If you need to catch up, read {Part 1} here.

Tuesday 7/31
I started the day at the apartment as per usual. Jillian and I played, I fed her breakfast, then put her down for her morning nap. I packed some more while she slept and threw out a TON of trash. Once she woke up, I got everything ready to met up with Phil at the house. I did more cleaning, (mostly the fridge), then started to work on Jillian's room. I really wanted to get it completely painted before we moved in so that she wouldn't have to deal with the fumes. Phil got to the house with some dinner for us. He offered to take Jillian home so I could keep painting. 

As a side note, we did a little calculator at Home Depot to figure our how much paint we'd need for her room. Well, we ended up needing 2 gallons instead of the 1 gallon and 1 quart it suggested. Oh well...

I finished the entire first coat by about 9 p.m. Since I was completely out of paint, I just went home. Jillian was in bed when I got there so I jumped in the shower. As soon as the water shut off, we heard Jillian cry hysterically. She ended up finally falling asleep at midnight and stayed in our room. I'm not sure if it was teething pain or just a fluke night, but poor girl was not happy. We tried medicine, a bottle, just about everything. I had to hold her for quite awhile for her to drift off. 

Wednesday 8/1
Due to the night before, Jillian and I were both dragging. We had to meet Stanley Steamer at the house by 10 so I took her play yard, hoping she would take a nap. Of course she slept for 30 minutes then woke up ready to party. Not long after, the carpet cleaner crew showed up. After discussing the job and a few extras they talked me into, they got to work and I continued cleaning the kitchen. Once they were finished, I went home to prepare for Jillian's speech therapy at 4 p.m. It was kind of a crazy week to do this, but I wanted Jillian to feel as "normal" as possible. Due to his schedule, Phil got to come to therapy with us before having to go back to work for another 4 hours.

At 7 p.m., the youth group at our church volunteered to help us move boxes. With it being towards the end of summer, I figured it would mostly be the adults from the group. However, we had about 15 kids and adults total! It only took 30 minutes to get all the boxes we had packed at the time onto the trailers. We then went to the house where the unloading took about 20 minutes. Phil and I both feel so incredibly blessed to have such a support system in our new church family! I thanked them profusely and Phil even got to the house for the last 5 minutes. Then we all went to a local sno-cone shack before we headed back to the apartment. As soon as Jillian was asleep, we packed up as much as we could. We knew the movers were coming at 8:30 in the morning and wanted to be ready. Around 11 p.m., I suggested we go to bed and just wake up early to finish. With that, we went to bed for our final night in the apartment.

Next up: Final Moving Day and Chaos...

2 comments:

  1. Love these posts!! And your house is GORGEOUS! Not sure I said that enough today, but I loved it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you like it AND that we got to see you (& Baby O) :)

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...